WEAVING AND LOVIN' IT

WEAVING AND LOVIN' IT

Friday, January 30, 2015

Problem Solved

What to do for my next weaving project was solved for me.  My son, Alan, called last night and asked "how long does it take you to weave a scarf?".  Answer, on the ridid heddle loom it will take 1 day if I start early enough, why?  A friend at work is retiring and he would really like to give her one of my hand woven scarfs.  After playing 20 questions we settled on a drapey tonal green scarf.  No bright colors, no intricut patterns just a nice simple scarf.

Do I have the yarns in my stash for this scarf?  Of course not, so off I go to Clinch River Yarn Co.  To see Sandy and pick out the perfect yarn for this project.  We came up with Berrocco, Folio 65% Superfine Alpaca and 35% Rayon for the warp (12epi dye lot #20) and Madelinetosh hand dyed yarns, Tosh Merino light 100% Superwash Merino Wool, colorway Jade, for the weft.



"

I think it is looking pretty good.  I do hope it is what Alan is looking for.




No comments:

Post a Comment