WEAVING AND LOVIN' IT

WEAVING AND LOVIN' IT

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Placemat challenge


The 12 placemats are woven and have been removed from the loom!  There is still quite a bit of warp left.  Apparently my 2+ years of weaving do not ensure that I can correctly measure a 10 yard warp, so I retied and will continue on with additional matching mats.

After weaving 12 mats and taking them off the loom you would think that I would have an excited feeling of accomplishment.  Now I just sit and look at the yardage and think "now I have to surge, hem, wash and press 12 placemats".  To you knitters out there, equate this to having to weave in all those loose ends, wash and block your "finished" sweater.
The yardage is still intact here, so each fan is two placemats.

I am still in a quandry as to what to work on next.  

No comments:

Post a Comment