WEAVING AND LOVIN' IT

WEAVING AND LOVIN' IT

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Busy, busy busy

Sunday we had our cricket club meeting.  It was a week early since I will not be available next Sunday.  We just sat around weaving and talking about what processes we would like to cover in the next meetings such as hem stitching, using pick up sticks for design elements, studying and perhaps doing a sampler in various yarns to see their body and drape and a new to us process called clasp weaving.  Looking forward to the next meeting ladies.

Monday I spent at the Appalachian Art and Crafts Center winding the warp for the napkins I plan on weaving for the Tuesday Weavers to put in the shop.

Tuesday was back to the Craft Center for our regular get together.  For the first time in a couple of months I was actually able to sit at a loom.  I wasn't able to weave yet but the heddle count has been set up with 200 heddles on shaft 1 to accomodate an Atwater Bronson Lace pattern.  When I get back to the center after 2 weeks away I will be ready to set up the treadles and start threading.  I have really missed weaving at the center.

After leaving the center I met Karin, Sharon and Sandy at the Clinch River Yarn Co to take a lesson in inkle weaving.  Karin was kind enough to share her knowledge with us and we were her Guinea Pigs on her first time teaching inkle weaving.  She did an excellant job and I am enjoying yet another type of weaving.  Hey, Karin, look what I did!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying Inkle weaving! And, just like your Cricket, it will go with you in the motor home. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LouAnn, it will and I will

    ReplyDelete